Every person secretly desires to have a graceful neck that can hold their head high beautifully and double Chin is a nemesis for this dream. A double chin is a result of an extra layer of fat accumulated in the chin and neck area but does not entirely refer to weight gain. Double chin, also medically termed as submental fat, is stored in a separate compartment in the neck. Genetics plays a significant role in a persons’ tendency to deposit fat in any specific area, in this case – under the chin. If your family has reduced skin elasticity or if it’s common for people in your family to have double chins, there are higher chances of you developing the same.
Conventional treatments for Double Chin Reduction:
If Double Chin is related to weight gain; controlling your weight may reduce it to some extent. Below are some healthy diet tips that may help-
- Inclusion of more veggies in the diet, even if that does not appeal to your taste buds.
- including at least three fruits a day in the diet.
- eliminating fried foodstuffs that contain lots of oil, resulting in increasing calories and fats especially in the hips, thighs and around the neck.
- Replacing refined grains with whole grains
- Reduce sugar intake
Correcting your posture:
Poor posture affects in weakening of the muscles of your neck and chin, which could be a common reason for a sagging chin. Here are some exercises to achieve the same.
- Yawn: If you own a cat, you know it, and if not, you might have seen the yawns of a cat. Open your mouth as wide as the cat, sticking out the tongue and hold for a few seconds. This strengthens the muscles around the face and chin and helps in reduction of a sagging chin.
- Neck rotations: This may sound common but spells incredible magic in double chin reduction. Warm-up a bit by rotating the neck back and forth – up, down, left, right – for a few minutes daily and get rid of that fat under the chin.
- No sound whistle: Whistling may be embarrassing as an exercise, but whistling without actually whistling sounds cool right? Look up at the ceiling and adjust yourself like you would be whistling. Hold the pose tightening your muscles around the mouth.
- Chewing gum: Most natural and convenient double chin reduction exercise. Chewing, gum, gives the muscles an extra bit of a workout and ironically, restricts the person from wanting to eat more. Make sure it’s a sugar-free gum so you done add on the calories
But are these effective?
The answer is NO! These exercises can improve the postures but are unlikely to cause spot reduction of fat under chin. Interestingly, it is not us who can choose where exactly to lose weight by diet or exercise. Losing weight alone may not help in double chin reduction especially if you are genetically predisposed to developing one.
So what’s the solution to Double Chin Reduction:
These conventional methods need immense patience in a person and may work according to the genes and dedication of the person. It may show results for a person in a month but may not work for several other people. Thankfully, there are other methods that help in safe and efficient double chin reduction.
Define Aesthetics has introduced an advanced technology that can help get rid of the Double Chin non-surgically and effectively.
Ion Magnum a device based on waveform technology. When we exercise our brain sends signals to the corresponding muscles. Ion Magnum mimics these signals so that the muscle tissue is made to believe that it is performing a muscle-toning workout. In return what you get is the benefits of an intense, professional workout minus the pain, physical exertion or inconvenience of conventional exercise. It helps to tone the neck muscles and also reduces the fat in this area.
HiFU (HIGH INTENSITY FOCUSED ULTRASOUND):
HFU uses targeted ultrasound energy to burst fat cells without damaging surrounding tissues. With help of HiFU we can reduce targeted fat from the chin and neck area.
Radiofrequency helps to tighten the skin.
Combination treatment with these technologies helps to achieve desired results.
Along with regular exercise and our expertise, the results last longer than conventional methods.
Book a Free Consultation
MAY BE ALSO INTERESTED IN
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT