Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) is a term that describes involuntary leakage of urine during activities that increase pressure in the abdomen such as coughing, sneezing, laughing or exercise. Stress incontinence occurs when the muscles and other tissues that support the bladder (pelvic floor muscles) and the muscles that regulate the release of urine (urinary sphincter) weaken. The treatment involves tightening of the Pelvic Floor muscles. The usual cause for SUI are:
- Pelvic surgery including and not restricted to Hysterectomy
- Illnesses that cause chronic coughing or sneezing
- Smoking, which can cause frequent coughing
- High-impact activities, such as running and jumping, over many years
How is Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) treated at Define?
At Define, the doctors examine the patient to understand the underlying reasons for SUI. Further a personalised treatment plan is made. The treatment procedure is similar to a vaginal ultrasound exam, where a specially designed metal probe is inserted into the vagina. The metal probe is a part of the breakthrough technology of Ion Magnum. Ion Magnum helps strengthen pelvic floor muscles thus reducing the laxity and looseness. Reduced laxity further gives a feeling of a tighter Vagina.
What are the benefits of Stress Urinary Incontinence treatment done at Define?
There are multiple benefits of choosing vaginal tightening treatment at Define:
- The treatment tones and rebuilds the collagen of vaginal walls and increases the thickness of the vaginal wall further restoring lubrication.
- The treatment helps in tightening muscles which further help in treating Stress Urinary Incontinence.
- The treatment helps reduce uncomfortable symptoms such as itching, burning and friction
- The treatment helps improves sensitivity and sexual function for both the partners involved.
- Vaginal Tightening done using Ion Magnum probe is completely non-surgical.
- The technology is FDA approved and completely safe with zero side effects.
- The treatment is designed after careful medical assessment of every patient.
- Any underlying condition is treated to achieve maximum result.
- The treatments are conducted under doctor’s supervision to ensure that proper protocol is followed.
What is expected during the treatment?
- The procedure takes about 30 minutes, is painless and has no side effects. Patients are expected to come 15 minutes early.
- Rhythmic contractions and relaxations of pelvic floor muscles are felt during the treatment.
- The Vaginal tightening treatment is a walk-in, walk-out treatments.
- Doctors monitor every treatment and are available for answering any query.